Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ribbon Banner!

This banner was actually inspired when I realized how much red and white ribbon I had that I didn't use at Christmas time! and the fact that one of my few resolutions / goals for 2013 is to reduce my ribbon collection!
I wanted to create something with texture that would be easy and quick to put together. These are the things I gathered to create my banner.
I cut pennant shapes with the Cricut Artist cartridge that would fold over the white bakers twine to hang on the banner. Then I used the grid stamp from the Noted Backgrounds stamp set, stamped with Versa Mark then heat embossed with black embossing powder. I used tombow adhesive to secure the folded pennants to the bakers twine, then I added black button brads. The red hearts were cut and stamped and sponged with cranberry ink. If you make one of these banners you can cut your pennants any size and use as many ribbon ties between banners as you like for the size and length you want. I cut all of the pennants at 2", remember the Cricut is measuring the width, not the length!

There are several keys on the Artiste cartridge that would work well for this project.
You will find the shapes I used on the following keys:
Merry Christmas Key
X Key
6 Key
3 Key
Stamp sets used are D1412 Noted Backgrounds & Whooo's Your Valentine

No comments: