Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Junk Journal!

Junk Journals are fun to make! I wanted this one to have a bit of a vintage look, even though some of my pages inside have a more modern look because I used some PML cards. One of the things I like about Junk Journals is just using whatever you have that you like, and being completely random with your choices.
My cover is cut with the 5 key on the Cricut Artbooking cartridge. I've used a couple different punches for the edges of some of the inside pages. Some of my pages have stamping and I've added washi tapes to a few pages. The Kraft paper cover will show wear on the edges as I use this journal and that is what I expect, it will add to the vintage feel of the book.
This journal has 16 pages, some with pockets and some with pull out tags so it got a little chunky. To photograph it for this blog post I grabbed a clothes pin that was sitting on my craft table and decided I like the look!
Junk Journals can be bound with anything you like, hemp like I've used here, or ribbon or cord. I've found that no matter what I am going to bind the journal with my best results for getting it ready are to stack up all my pages just where I want them, use binder clips to hold them in place and use my Crop-a-dile to punch holes for the ribbon or cord...
And remember to always decorate the back cover too! I did a little stamping and adhered a cut out...
Your junk journal can be used for anything. Sometimes I use one for documenting a trip or a special event. I always make sure I have spaces to add photos, journaling, and keepsakes.

No comments: