Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Celebrate!

Just the other day my friend Ann asked me when I was going to make a quilt again. Well that I'm not sure about... but this card is pieced sort of like a quilt! I started at the top with the scrap of embossed cardstock, then added the orange strip, next I cut the gray B&T to fit in the top right corner. I liked the checkered zip strip from the paper so I started the bottom row with that. The white square on the bottom right part of the card is plain white cardstock that I stamped with a background stamp. The crisscross strip next to it is also plain white cardstock that is stamped with the bottom part of a stamp that was 2 flower stems!
The black arrow piece on the card was punched. Then because the sizing of my borders was a little off I used the same punch to "fringe" the bottom of the black layer!
Making a one of a kind card is always fun, giving it away to someone is even better. Today is my nephew Phillip's birthday & this card was for him! Happy Birthday Phillip!

No comments: