Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Canvas Art #1

I've been wanting to try some mixed media art for some time now. This Lucille Ball quote is one of my favorite birthday quotes & since I needed to make a birthday gift a couple weeks ago I decided it was time to create Canvas Art #1.

This is by no means perfect but it was a great learning experience. As I create my canvas pieces I will share them here and also share with you what I find that doesn't work! The technique on this canvas that did not work very successfully was the strips of washi tape applied directly to the canvas. The stamping on the canvas was a little more difficult than I thought it would be so I will do some research before I create my next canvas. TIP: If you paint your canvas with white gesso, you can go back and paint over your stamping if you decide to. I didn't paint over any of mine on this piece, I just stopped stamping in the lower corner before it got too messy!

The quote is printed on a piece of scrapbook paper that I ran through my printer. I was concerned with where the print was actually going to be on the canvas and I didn't make the signature a smaller size font, I wish I had!

I hope you'll follow my journey as I explore this medium and hopefully get a little better with my techniques! Please feel free to leave me a comment.
Hugs!
Patty

No comments: