Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Colorado



In 2015 our niece Lindsey moved to Colorado with her family and it seems like she posted a picture almost every day on Facebook of one of her kids or a family outing. I saved the photos and printed them to create a scrapbook for her. They are all back in California now & her scrapbook is almost done. If you decide to create scrapbook pages with Facebook photos, be sure you also copy the text posted with the photos so you'll have the complete post including the journaling for your layout.

This is one of those pictures that tells a story all by itself. So I wanted to keep the page simple but interesting. I used one of the new Florance papers for the background and left the zip strip attached at the top. To fill the "white space" below the picture I cut some leaves on the Cricut, I really don't like a lot of "white space" on my layouts even though that scrapbook method is trending right now. I kept the layout colors neutral so the beautiful photo would pop. I also used foam tape to mount the photo on the page. The leaves area attached with tiny glue dots so they appear to be floating on the page.

Thank you Lindsey for allowing me to share your beautiful pictures, we are so glad you are back in California!

Hugs,

Aunt Patty




No comments: